Today I am going to share with you a very powerful technique that you can use when interacting with other people. I would say it’s a form of a superpower, an unfair advantage if you will, that you can master very quickly to win the charm of anyone, whether it be at an interview, a social event, a night at the bar, a business meeting, a date, a wedding… basically anywhere!
It’s the ability to make someone feel special – like they are the only person in the room. In this busy world of ours, very few people take the time to do this. Become good at this technique and I PROMISE you your world will change for the better!
I actually learned this from a friend of mine. It’s called the LASER technique and here are the steps you use whenever interacting with someone:
1. Look at the person. And only them. At no point do you look away, especially beyond or around them to someone else. People can tell instantly when your eyes are focused on something besides them. You may notice that they sometimes turn to see what you are looking at instead of them.
2. Actively listen. Focus completely on being interested in what they are saying, and only that. If you are thinking about what you want to say next, they can tell.
3. Stay focused on them. Don’t let your attention wander. Stay completely focused on them to the end of the interaction.
4. End well. When you do finally decide to break away, don’t look away first and then say some equivalent of, “Well, I’ve got to be going now.” Look straight at them and say something like, “It was great to meet you. I’m going to remember what you said about global warming, Stan. I’ve got a few other people to meet.” Shake hands, squeeze their shoulder, or hug them if you’re a hugger. Then look away as you move away, not before.
5. Remember them. The next time you see them, remember their name and some detail about them. You’ll blow their mind.
To give you more detail, let’s break that final communication down: “It was great to meet you.” That communicated that you were at the wrap-up.
“. . . global warming.” You showed them you were listening.
“Stan.” You remembered their name.
“I’ve got a few other people to meet.” That’s your gracious exit line.
If you can maintain total focus on the person, you will be astounded at how people will respond. You will not have to do it for long. It works within minutes.
The LASER Technique is a master move in Superboldness. Become good at it.
I learned this technique from my friend Fred Joyal who happens to be a very successful businessman, author, public speaker and more. I have been practicing it every day and the results are… well… unbelievable so far!
Fred has a brand new book out called SUPERBOLD which outlines not only the LASER technique, but SO MUCH MORE!
SUPERBOLD is one of the best books I have read in the last few years. I have already recommended it to many people who I care about. And since I care about you, I would highly recommend grabbing a copy today on Amazon at THIS LINK! You will thank me later!