As many of you know, I made a drastic change to my diet about four months ago. I was having some issues – none of them were medically serious – they were just enough to let me know I needed to change something!
- Psoriasis – I had some psoriatic (red scaly) patches on my elbows, knuckles, and my right knee for at least twelve years. Nothing I tried was ever able to eliminate these.
- Esophageal reflux (heartburn) – not too terrible but occasional pain where I would have to take some Tums or Gaviscon.
- Low energy – I couldn’t figure this one out but it got to the point where I would have to come home in the afternoon and take a two hour nap.
- Hoarseness – lasted several months with no end in sight. And you know I speak for a living! This is the one that made me take notice and do something.
Doctors had no idea what to do. So I did a lot of reading and decided to take matters in my own two hands. I changed my diet (which was already pretty darned good) drastically!
I TOTALLY eliminated foods which I thought could be causing a sensitivity or allergy. Gone from my diet were sugar, caffeine, alcohol, wheat, gluten, peanuts, mushrooms (fungus), processed foods, and yeast.
I DID eat lots of fresh, organic veggies, fish, meats, raw foods, brown rice, sushi, eggs, plain Greek yogurt, rice cakes, rice crackers, organic corn chips, almonds (and almond butter), cashews (and cashew butter), sunflower seeds, green tea, white tea, pomegranate juice, Brad’s Raw Chips, and more.
I DID NOT count calories or anything like that. I ate when I was hungry and never felt guilty about eating good healthy food like we were meant to eat.
I DID NOT cheat! I was extremely strict, making no exceptions for “special occasions.”
Here is the update after four months:
- My voice is totally back to normal! SCREAM!!!
- No episodes of heartburn – EVER!
- Extremely high energy. I am running the Chicago Marathon next month!
- Psoriasis on right knee – TOTALLY GONE!
- Psoriasis on knuckles – TOTALLY GONE!
- Psoriasis on elbows – 95% GONE!
- Lost ten pounds without trying
- People tell me I look at least ten years younger than my age.
- I just had my annual physical at The Cooper Clinic in Dallas, TX. My doctor was amazed at the improvements. Let me share some stats with you:
Height: 74.3 inches (just over 6’2″)
- Stress test fitness category – EXCELLENT
I continue to eat this way every day of my life because I am 100% convinced that food plays an integral part of our health. Americans are eating junk and that’s why we are overweight and have more health issues than we know how to deal with.
Are you ready to get on “The Dave Diet” and see some amazing changes in your life? Follow me please!